Though most of the day’s programming is created by attendees themselves (in true unconference style), we do organize a few pre-planned elements so you can be sure what to expect. Since 2011, one of those pre-planned elements has been a lunchtime keynote, when more than 150 of our attendees each lunch and learn from industry notables.
- 2011: Intelligence from Social Media Analytics by Zach Seward of Wall Street Journal
- 2012: Experiences and Failures in Crowdsourcing by Daniel Victor of ProPublica
- 2013: Homepage Moderation and Engagement by Emily McManus of TED.com
- 2014: Reader Support and Reporting Methods by Amanda Zamora of ProPublica
- 2015: Editorial Product Development by Lauren Rabaino of Vox Media
- 2016: Editorial Tactics, Trends and Strategy Greg Linch from The McClatchy Company, Jess Estepa from National Geographic, Emily McManus, from TED and Michael Gold from the New York Times
- 2017: Fake News in National and Local News: a fireside chat with Bryan Monroe, formerly of CNN and Knight Ridder